Mr. Anderson was recently appointed a Special Assistant Public Defender with the State of Minnesota Appellate Public Defender’s Office. Beginning in January 2013, Mr. Anderson will be teaching a Legal Drafting course at his alma mater, Hamline University School of Law.
Prior to his legal career, Mr. Anderson was a television reporter at KSAX-TV in Alexandria, MN, and Sports Director of KVSC-FM in St. Cloud, MN, where he was also the play-by-play announcer for the St. Cloud State University Men’s Hockey team.
In his spare time, Mr. Anderson enjoys spending time with his wife and two children, traveling, (having visited more than 20 countries), watching the Minnesota Vikings, brewing delicious beer, and participating in community baseball and football leagues.
- State of Minnesota, 2004
- State of Wisconsin, 2010
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals – 8th Circuit, 2009
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2009
- U.S. District Court – Western District of Wisconsin, 2010
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2011
- U.S. District Court – District of North Dakota, 2011
- Juris Doctor, Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota, 2004
- Bachelor of Science, St. Cloud State University, St. Cloud, Minnesota, 2000
- Minnesota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Patino v. One 2007 Chevrolet, 821 N.W.2d 810 (Minn. 2012)
- Patino v. One 2007 Chevrolet, 805 N.W.2d 906 (Minn.Ct.App. 2011)
- State v. Bussmann, 741 N.W.2d 79 (Minn. 2007)
- Burnet Realty, Inc. v. Uppal, 2008 WL 1800103 (Minn. 2008)
Past Employment Positions
- Anderson & McCormick, P.A., Partner, 2011-2012
- Adkins & Anderson, Chartered, Partner, 2008-2010
- Westrick & McDowall-Nix, PLLP, Associate Attorney, 2005 – 2008
- Ramsey County Public Defender’s Office, Student Attorney, 2003 – 2004